Saturday, February 8, 2014

Perspectives

 I get annoyed at how people seem to think that some people have life all figured out they have everything at their finger tips and they're just cruising through life like there's nothing to it. But, sad to say, there is people that think like that and they are usually the ones that everyone either look up to or down on those they think are like that, because "they have life better than us". They either are reaching for that goal or saying "Nope, they're crazy, We could never get there, so we aren't gonna be their friend! We need to associate with 'those of our kind.'" Really, What causes issues like that to arise? Is it the comparing- like I talked about on my last post? 
  The truth is that NO ONE has life totally figured out. No one is cruising through life! We all have are ups and downs. AND if you changed your perspective and get to know the person better you'll end up realizing that they aren't as perfect as you thought. They have their days that are bad. They worry about their finances. They have the same problems everyone else faces, but they react differently. They don't get 'all up in the air' and call every person about their financial state and ask for funds to help them get back above the water. They may be broke, have several thousand dollar debts, maybe their mortgage is due and they have no money to pay it, but still they hang on and just wait on God to move. He makes it work out... AND  they didn't cry to their friends about their financial state. 
      Although there isn't usually easy fixes to problems. We usually make them worse by getting ourselves all worked up about them. 
 I once read of a lady who decided that she wasn't going to tell anyone about the mountain she was facing. She desperately wanted to call her best friend, she even picked up the phone several times and dialed her number, but decided this was a journey she was to take by herself. That night as she lay in bed she poured out her heart to God and He answered her prayer the very next day. Isn't our God so amazing that He works every minor detail out for our good? 
 I'm not saying that we should never ask a friend for advice or share our heart with them, but truly I have trained myself (I'm not sure if it's for the good or the bad...) to just keep everything to myself, I start feeling like a bother to everyone when I do tell them whats on my mind.
 And yes, that's what my post was about last time. We have to get over feeling like we are inferior to others. But my human tendency is to hold everything in. And then I explode when something really goes bad. I'm trying to break that, but I tell you. IT'S NOT EASY! Only God can help you through it, no friend is going to be able to help you break that habit. 
 Sometimes when someone asks advice about something- I'd like to give them cold cut, black and white answers. but most times they aren't like that. (Today's world has many grey areas!) I guess I have to agree I take time to think through situations like that. I think and think and sometimes I still don't have answers. Especially when you know the person is not really willing to change the way they think! 

I may make no sense at all, (that's why I call my blog 'My Musings' :D) remember this... 
Even if it looks like someone has everything put together. 
They don't, they just react to difficult situations differently.
Change your perspective- it'll probably make all the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment