Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentines!


Woke up to hear the snow hitting my window.


This drift is right outside the patio door- it's probably about 3' high!

Got the coffee brewing and turned on some classical music- no, I don't often listen to classical, but it seemed to fit the occasion.) In the process it dawned on me that tomorrow is Valentines and I had promised Mom that I would do supper. (That's kind of the tradition- I've done that for as long as I can remember- last year we waited to eat till 8:30pm because Dad got held up where he was loading up- so many good trucking memories!) So I grabbed out my pen and paper to plan my meal...


And although much of what I had wanted to make, I can't. And although, my plans were changed after my memory was refreshed that I again have to head to Pittsburgh- and can't do my meal tomorrow- I'm sure I'll enjoy valentines- with my Dad! :) (He's the best guy in the world, and even though he's a farmer now, and sometimes he comes home smelling like the cows- I will always love him so much! Whether trucks, cows, or carpentry!)


Hope y'all have a wonderful Valentines! 

1 comment: