Monday, March 17, 2014

the Blame Game

I've been realizing recently that many people I know blame others for their problems- even when it's very obvious it's their own problem. 
I was talking with a good friend of mine this past weekend and she was telling me how a friend of both of ours was blaming her for an issue that arose between between the two of them- when really the whole problem is the in the heart of the other person.
Did you ever think about how easy it is to satisfy our conscience by saying it's the other person's problem? Even when we know that the issue lies with us, our thoughts, and what is hidden among the dark corners of our hearts. But then maybe that might start a new problem... Literally what you are doing is lying to yourself, so you feel good about yourself. 
I've also been amazed at how people can lie and not really feel bad about it, they just get use to it and so they can hide everything- the easiest way out- is to lie. In my opinion, in which I believe very strongly, is that you are only creating a bigger problem when you lie about something.
I do not have any answers at the moment to fix these problems other than surrendering your whole life to Christ and clinging to Him for help, but it was just something I had been thinking about the past several days and decided to jot down...

No comments:

Post a Comment