Sunday, March 23, 2014

it's a Wonderful Day!


Well, I must say- it was a very wonderful day! This was the first time Ernest Witmer came to church since Rachel died in 2012... The accident happened in November- 2 months after they had come to show us all the work they are doing out there- I didn't think it'd be quite the emotional time it was, but yeah, it was great having him there!! I love his optimistic outlook on life- and the picture of the mountain lion with LA in the background and him saying, "I do want to go to Heaven to be with Rachel, but I don't think I want to go this way..." Such an inspiration to me- even when I haven't experienced even close to what he has- or even a major "Mt. St. Helen's Explosion" like he talked about... Well, we've all had those (I believe)- those times when life just got us down, felt like nothing but awful things were happening. And foresight only showed dry, deserted(ness), but what we can't see is under that dry, flaky ash- is the new life beginning to come forth- a resurrection of the new life that is about to happen in us. If we keep our hearts open and willing to receive everything God wants for us. All in all, Ernest & the family have had a big impact on my life whether they knew it or not!!

And by the way- I love this picture of LA... in the dark!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment