Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Donkey In Me

I had an hour to stand and think over how donkey-ish I can be sometimes... Dominic was chasing the boys so I ran down to hold him, (believe me-don't try that. You'll be wishing you wouldn't have after you have to go to the chiropractor, ‘cause he threw your back out of whack. And if you get asthma like me, you'll have to deal with that too.) But I had to think while I was standing there and he wasn't bucking around so bad, many times I stand and buck at what authority- and even what God, wants for me. Often I like grabbing the pen out of God's hands and writing my own story. I like my life to be just the way I want it to be- the way I dreamed, thought out, and planned. But sometimes what God has in store is so very different. He wants to write my story, in even a more orderly, and more beautiful fashion, to the point that I cannot understated why I can smile when only sad things seem to happen and when things do not go the way had expected them to. Only with God's amazing hand in our life can we enjoy life at its fullest- otherwise we have everything and anything to worry us.

No comments:

Post a Comment